Change of tenancy is a term within the energy industry associated with the moving in or out of commercial premises.

There are certain obligations for the incumbent supplier and the new tenant. For example the existing supplier is obliged to ensure that there is energy to the building and to make sure that this is always the case. In the case of the tenant, there is an obligation to arrange a new contract with the existing or alternative supplier.

It is also strongly advisable that if you are moving out or into a premise that you keep the existing supplier informed of your contractual position. This is often neglected and can cause unnecessary problems for an incoming tenant as they will assume liability of the unclosed account.

Moving commercial premises or starting a new business is very stressful and time consuming by itself.  We know, we have been there ourselves.  What we can do is make the energy part straight forward for you. We will ensure that you avoid unnecessary costs and stress associated through an incorrect handling of the process.

Where AMAC will help you: 

  • Complete the process on your behalf from start to finish.
  • Timely submission of relevant documents and letters according to supplier requirements.
  • A negotiated fixed price plan for your new premises significantly below deemed rates that you will be paying. Ensuring that the contract is the right one for you.
  • Gathering and submission of key bits of information such as meter reads and confirmation document.
  • Supplier Management and liaison.
  • Landlord management and liaison.
  • Advice on your current position and what we need to do next.
  • Avoidance and/or Assistance with a dispute in terms of who is liable for charges through the moving in and out process. We can act as a mediator between parties.
  • Guidance and assistance if you have been or think you could be the victim of a scam in this area.
  • Process according to whether you are a NHH or HH customer.
  • Supplier Identification
  • Review premises supply status to ensure it meets your consumption requirements and that you will be charged correctly against your usage.
  • Investigation and application of back-dating if you have been on deemed rates for a period of time.