We do not want to position ourselves or act as a jack of all trades, master of none business. We do not think this is fair or the right approach for our customers. We are energy experts in our core subject areas however Carbon Management is an entirely separate entity in itself. It requires expert full-time project focus to deliver the optimal results for you. We believe that teaming up with trusted and accredited specialists is a much more effective approach.
Overview – What you need to know
The 2008 Climate Change Act established the world’s first legally binding climate change target. The UK has a target to reduce carbon emissions by 80% by 2050.
All business of all sizes will need to play their part. Large businesses are already doing so on a mandatory basis, and this legislation will feed through to the SME sector over the coming years. Starting with Maximum demand profiled businesses.
It is for this reason, and for other intelligent benefits, that in surveys around 78% of companies said they were integrating climate change into their business strategies. And that they consider energy as a greater risk to them than Health & Safety, Credit and security.
Most companies are targeting to reduce their emissions by 25% by 2020, however, most are struggling to get there. The reasons being:
- Perceived cost and damage to their business interests in taking the next step.
- Not knowing what to do.
- “No point in doing much as it wouldn’t make any difference”.
The facts are:
- None of these obstacles are insurmountable
- A small act, such as moving onto green energy supply, can make a big difference
- The perceived costs are minimal; some options have no capital outlay.
- Carbon emission reduction offers real business opportunities.
- The plan, strategy and programme can be phased over a number of years.
- It will increase your profitability and help you forge new business relationships.